December 5, 2021
Early Sunday morning, December 5, 2021, a security incident occurred outside the Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel located in Eagle Pass, Texas. This incident resulted in a temporary interruption of business while being investigated. Approximately one hour after the security incident occurred, the facility was re-opened and normal business resumed.
It was confirmed that the security incident occurred outside of the facility and no injuries or property damage have been reported. Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel are fully open and operating normally.
KICKAPOO LUCKY EAGLE CASINO HOTEL REOPENING OCTOBER 1, 2020
For Immediate Release
September 21, 2020
Eagle Pass, Texas – The Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas announced today that it will reopen the Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino Hotel (KLECH) on October 1, 2020 at 25% capacity. Amidst the global pandemic resulting from the COVID-19 virus, KLECH closed its doors on March 19, 2020 in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19 in the community.
During the closure period, KLECH has been working diligently to prepare for the reopening of the property by implementing a comprehensive safety plan that includes cleaning and sanitizing protocols and encourages social distancing in the effort to protect guests, team members and the local community from COVID-19.
The precautionary safety measures that will be implemented upon reopening include but are not limited to the following:
● All guests and team members must wear a face mask.
● All guests and team members will be screened at property entrances via a noninvasive thermal camera system that detects elevated body temperatures.
● The entire property will reopen as a non-smoking facility.
● KLECH will increase cleaning protocols, which include regular disinfecting of frequent contact surfaces and objects such as elevator buttons, hotel check-in counters, door handles and slot machines.
● KLECH has placed hand-sanitizing stations and wipes throughout the property, including all entrances.
● KLECH has placed plexiglass barriers in guest transaction areas.
● To comply with social distancing recommendations, KLECH has reduced seating capacity in all dining venues and removed chairs from Class II gaming machines to increase the distance between players.
● The hotel has increased room cleaning protocols using hospital-grade disinfectants.
● The hotel will make touchless mobile room keys available via cell phone.
● The entire casino floor will be deep cleaned routinely during the early morning hours of the day, where guest headcounts are the lowest.
“The health and wellness of both guests and team members will remain our top priority as we reopen the doors of our casino,” said Chris McClain, general manager of KLECH. “We have been preparing to safely reopen for quite some time and have implemented property-wide COVID-19 protocols that are designed to keep our valued team members and guests safe and comfortable when they return on October 1, 2020.”
Casino and hotel management will continue to closely monitor federal, state and local health announcements and update safety protocols accordingly. We appreciate your patience and understanding and look forward to seeing you at KLECH soon!